Skip to content
The Legacy Media Just Can’t Stop Lying About President Trump
The Legacy Media Just Can’t Stop Lying About President Trumpadmin2020-08-03T09:58:20-05:00
FIGHTING BACK AGAINST THE CRISIS NEXT DOOR: President Trump mobilized his entire Administration to combat the opioid crisis that has devastated communities across the country.
- President Trump launched an Initiative to Stop Opioid Abuse and Reduce Drug Supply and Demand, introducing new measures to confront the driving forces behind this crisis.
- The President signed the landmark SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act, the largest and most comprehensive legislative package addressing a single drug crisis in history.
- The President helped secure a record $6 billion in funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
- The Administration provided more than $2 billion in grants in 2018 to help States, territories, tribes, and local communities prevent and treat opioid abuse.
- The Administration pursued scientific solutions to prevent and treat addiction through the Helping to End Addiction Long-term (HEAL) Initiative.
- The President launched a national public awareness campaign about the dangers of opioid addiction and youth opioid usage.
- Last year, President Trump created a Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis, which recommends ways to tackle the opioid crisis.
- The Administration declared the opioid crisis a nationwide Public Health Emergency in 2017.
- President Trump is working to cut off the flow of deadly opioids into our country and to disrupt the networks that distribute them to our communities.
- The Administration secured first-ever indictments against Chinese nationals for fentanyl trafficking.
- The Department of Justice (DOJ) launched a surge to target fentanyl and heroin dealers in the districts with the most severe overdose death rates.
- The DOJ formed a Joint Criminal Opioid Darknet Enforcement team and shut down the biggest Darknet distributor of drugs.
- Last year, the DOJ announced the largest healthcare fraud takedown in history, arresting more than 120 defendants with opioid-related crimes.
- The President launched a Safer Prescribing Plan that seeks to cut nationwide opioid prescription fills by one-third within three years.
- The Administration has led four National Prescription Drug Take-Back Days, collecting a record-breaking 1,837 tons of expired and unneeded prescription drugs.
STANDING UP FOR THE SANCTITY OF LIFE AND PROTECTING RELIGIOUS LIBERTY: The President is committed to defending the right to life and religious liberty.
- Shortly after taking office, President Trump reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy.
- President Trump defunded a United Nations (UN) agency for colluding with China’s brutal program of forced abortion and sterilization.
- The Administration withdrew guidance that constrained State’s ability to exclude family-planning providers that provide abortion services from the Medicaid program.
- The Trump Administration proposed new regulations to ensure Title X family planning funding does not go to projects that perform, support, or refer patients for abortion.
- The Trump Administration issued regulations establishing new or expanded exemptions from the Obamacare contraceptive mandate based on religious beliefs or moral convictions.
- In 2017, the President issued an executive order to promote free speech and religious liberty.
KEEPING AMERICAN COMMUNITIES SAFE: President Trump has made clear that his first responsibility is to protect the safety and security of Americans.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation data shows violent crime decreased under President Trump’s watch in 2017, following two consecutive years of increases.
- United States Attorneys indicted the most violent criminals on record last year.
- Last year, the DOJ announced nearly $100 million in grant funding to hire hundreds of additional law enforcement officers.
- President Trump is cracking down on the vile MS-13 gang that has brought violence to communities across the country.
- In 2017, the DOJ worked with international partners to arrest and charge approximately 4,000 MS-13 members.
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations arrested nearly 800 MS-13 members and associates in FY 2017, an 83 percent increase from the prior year.
- President Trump signed an executive order to restore State and local law enforcement’s access to surplus equipment that can be used to help keep our communities safe.
- President Trump enhanced and updated the Project Safe Neighborhoods program.
- The DOJ announced the creation of the National Public Safety Partnership in 2017, launching a cooperative initiative with cities to reduce violent crime.
- President Trump signed legislation to improve the Federal firearm background check system and keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals.
- President Trump signed the First Step Act, which includes bipartisan reforms to make our Federal justice system fairer and our communities safer.
- The First Step Act will help prepare inmates to successfully rejoin society, reducing recidivism and improving community safety.
- This legislation includes commonsense sentencing reforms that will make our Federal justice system fairer while keeping violent criminals and sex offenders off our streets.
ENFORCING OUR LAWS AND SECURING OUR BORDERS: From the first day of his Administration, President Trump has worked to uphold the rule of law and secure our borders.
- President Trump released an immigration framework that would fix our broken immigration system through merit-based reform and provide the resources needed to secure our border.
- This includes closing the legal loopholes that enable illegal immigration, ending chain migration, and eliminating the visa lottery.
- President Trump secured funding to begin building the wall and construction has already begun in areas along the southern border.
- President Trump deployed the military to assist in securing the southern border.
- President Trump and his Administration took action to require aliens seeking asylum to go to a port of entry to make their claim.
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP) apprehended 17,256 criminals and 1,019 gang members in FY 2018.
- ICE’s Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) arrested 158,581 aliens in FY 2018, an 11 percent increase from FY 2017.
- 90 percent of those arrested had criminal convictions, pending charges, or had been issued final orders of removal.
- ICE ERO increased removals by 13 percent in FY 2018 to 256,086, the majority of whom were convicted criminals.
- Removals of convicted criminal aliens increased by 14 percent from FY 2017.
- Nearly 6,000 known or suspected gang members were removed in FY 2018, a 9 percent increase from FY 2017.
- The Department of Justice prosecuted a record number of criminal immigration offenses in FY 2018, and increased the number of prosecutions for illegal entry by 84 percent over FY 2017.
- Immigration courts are now completing more cases than at any point since 2011
- President Trump kept his promise by launching the office of Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement (VOICE) within the Department of Homeland Security.
- The Administration has more than doubled the number of jurisdictions participating in the 287(g) program, which enables State and local law enforcement to aid immigration enforcement.
- President Trump has made our country safer by ordering the enhanced vetting of individuals entering from countries that do not meet our security standards.
- These procedures were upheld in a June 2018 Supreme Court ruling.